It’s that time of year again. You know, when pumpkin spice everything makes its yearly reappearance. These Pumpkin Spice Muffins are a great addition to any fall spread.
They’re tasty, easy to make, and better for you than the ones at the coffee shop. Muffins aren’t just for breakfast, either. Nope. I really like them as a dessert, or as a mid afternoon snack.
Pumpkin Spice Muffin Recipe
Links may be commissioned. Thanks for supporting our site when you buy through them.
We love these parchment cupcake liners. They don’t stick, and they’re so easy to use. We also find that using a scoop makes for uniform sized muffins with easy clean up. And, of course, you want a good muffin pan. we like this one for standard sized muffins, or this one for those jumbo muffins. These pumpkin muffins are sprinkled with coarse sugar for a little sparkle and crunch.
- 2 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. canola oil
- 2/3 c. water
- 4 eggs
- 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
- 3½ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1½ t. cinnamon
- 1 t. nutmeg
- ½ t. cloves
- ½ t. ginger
- ½ c. coarse decorating sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line muffin pan with 12 regular-sized cupcake liners.
- Combine sugar, oil, water, eggs, and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl and beat on low for 1 minute. Do not over mix.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger to a small bowl and stir to combine. Add dry mixture to pumpkin batter and beat on low just until all ingredients are moist.
- Fill cupcake liners with batter until they are ¾ full. Bake for 12-15 minutes, then remove from oven and sprinkle each muffin with coarse decorating sugar and return to oven to finish baking another 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Total cooking time should be 25-30 minutes).
- Remove from oven and cool 5-10 minutes before moving muffins to wire baking rack to cool completely.
See how easy it is to make pumpkin spice muffins from scratch? You don’t need a boxed mix to make something that’s soooo good! Pair these muffins with a cup of Pumpkin Spice coffee or tea for a real fall treat.
One caveat – You want to make sure that you grab pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling has added sugars, spices, and other things that may not give you the best results with this pumpkin spice muffins recipe.